Experimental Long-Range River Flood Risk, Precipitation, River Download, Last map update, at ,, pm EST ,, UTC What is UTC time?
Omaha city officials closed N-P Dodge Park in preparation for potential flooding along the Missouri River. The National Weather Service reports#to#
Getting the tech off of the vehicle...
Some of you responding are not paying attention to the intent or details (important) of my interest in this compressed air vehicle energy distribution solution.
1. Gas has a very high energy per volume/weight ly concentrated energy. Especially when compared with battery contained and efficient to transport and already have the infrastructure.
2. Compressed air by itself is not very good with regard to energy concentration, but it is simple, and driving a car with it is really really simple, clean, and light you need is a high pressure is everywhere, and it isn't the worse for the wear once it is run through a compressor, stuck in a tank, and leaked out through a air motor.
3.Air motors can be simple and light weight air car needs two air motors (one each built into two wheels, a compressed air tank, and some high pressure tubing.
4. Air should never be compressed using energy from the electricity grid!That is counterproductive to the whole scheme.
5. Gas is shipped as it is today, to gas stations. At the gas stations, turbine compressors are installed that burn gas to compress the there is just one tail pipe per neighborhood to to get almost zero emissions with scrubbers and catalytic s the oil industry happy during the transition (very important!).
6. Electrical grid is not overburdened with double the demand (what will happen if we all plug our cars in each night!).
7. Recharge of your car's compressed air tanks is never further away than a gas station... and takes no longer than filling a gas ent tech only allows 50 miles per charge so this availability is compressors take hours or all night to recharge a car's tank.
8. Compressed air cars don't need a transmission, drive shafts, chains, a central engine, differentials, heavy and ecologically dirty batteries, complex computer systems, complex hybrid motor/engine technology with required linkages and decoupling should be easy to make air cars that weigh only 1/3rd as much as standard, electric, or hybrid models without compromising performance or power.